Here is a lotion made of five key ingredients, which you can use for your body, face and hair, and not have any second thoughts about what kind of product are you using. Coconut oil is regarded as one of the best natural oils for human hair since many centuries ago. It has also been known for its rejuvenating effect on skin and its powerful antiseptic properties which further empowers it as natural remedy for skin ailments such as eczema and acne.
Some people find it a bit too thick when used undiluted. That is why this lotion recipe contains some water. This has another advantage, as you will be nurturing and hydrating your skin simultaneously. We recommend you to try using cool, freshly squeezed coconut oil.
- 200 ml of organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of almond oil
- 3 tablespoons of glycerin
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E
- 150 ml of distilled cold water
1. Coconut oil is too stiff when kept on room temperature. Melt it down on hot steam or in a warm bath (pour coconut oil in one dish, then put that dish in another dish filled with hot water). Cool the oil down a bit, then add almond oil, vitamin E and glycerin. Mix them all up.
2. Put the mixture in a fridge so it can thicken a bit, but not too much, just enough for it to start turning solid. When it reaches that point, take it out and mix it up with a mixer until you get a nice buttery crème (just like when you are mixing butter).
3. Add some cold water to this buttery mixture and keep mixing it for another 10 minutes or so, which should be enough time for them to merge together into a lotion. Fill dishes you prepared earlier with this lotion.
This amount of ingredients should result in around 400 ml of lotion which can be used for a very long time. It won’t get spoiled because vitamin E acts as a natural preservative agent, but it would still be best to keep it in the fridge. It’s a truly effective and natural product which goes a long way in helping a lady maintain her beauty.